FIRST GRADE NEWSLETTER
This week we will focus on the following: 3/26/18- 3/29/18
ELA- I can.....
- Explain differences between story books and informational books.
Ask and answer questions about key details.
Decode regularly spelled one syllable words.
Use personal pronouns.
Essential Question: How can you take care of a pet?
Read alouds: Whistle for Willie
Comprehension skills: Cause and effect
Writing: proofreading narrative writing
Grammar: Possessive pronouns
Vocabulary Strategies: Figurative language
Phonics: Digraph "oo"
*Please make sure you are completing iReady lessons every night at home.
*There will be a spelling test every Friday. The spelling test will include the words you see below. Their will also be one dictation sentences for each spelling word.
Math- I can....
Student will be able to make a nonstandard measuring tool to measure length.
Student will be able to solve measurement problems using the strategy act it out.
Student will be able to write times to the hour shown on analog clocks.
Student will be able to write times to the half hour shown on analog clocks.
Science- I can....
- Recognize that water, rocks, soil, and living organisms are found on earth’s surface.
- Describe the need for water and how to be safe around water.
- Recognize that some things in the world around us happen fast and some happen slowly.
Social Studies- I can.......
- Explain who was Dr. Seuss and what his accomplishments were